• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New MacBook Pro Thunderbolt port gets attention at NAB 2011

Reaction score
New MacBook Pro Thunderbolt port gets attention at NAB 2011

A variety of vendors are demonstrating new products taking advantage of Apple's Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Pros at the National Association of Broadcasters convention.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

Read more

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Can't wait to see what they're going to do with it... I know I'd like to see some kind of a dock with USB 3.0 ports and/or ESATA.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Can't wait to see what they're going to do with it... I know I'd like to see some kind of a dock with USB 3.0 ports and/or ESATA.

Here too!! Itching to buy a Thunderbolt drive...:)

Reaction score
I still don't really see what the thunderbolt port can do - I have one on my new macbook pro. Does this port have any value to the home computer user or is it only a benefit to HD video-editing users?

Will my mini-display port HDMI adapter work in the thunderbolt port or do I now need to get a thunderbolt HDMI adapter?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.