MacBookPro won't boot up - frozen?

Reaction score
I read a lot of similar posts already here, but none seem to have the same symptoms as mine. I'd love to fix this problem on my own before I go to a "genius bar" but I'm not sure where to start.

When I turn on my computer, I hear the chime, my battery is functional, I see a white/pink screen with an apple and then a small rotating circle appears and this is my screen indefinitely. It does not progress. I am able to turn off the computer again. I have tried removing the battery and pushing various buttons while I turn in on, but nothing changes.

I have never had a problem with my computer until now. The only thing that happened before I restarted my computer was that my google chrome was "not responding" - which happens from time to time anyways....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OP
Y
Reaction score
thanks! I didn't see that post!

and yay! success 9 worked beautifully! Thank you!

Reaction score
I've got similar symptoms, but no results with the methods tried above. Also, my disk doesn't seem to be spinning during boot, if that makes a difference. I've got an appt with the Genius Bar this evening, but would love some advice before heading that direction!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.