G4 broken screen replacement issue

I

iong516

im dumb, so i bought a G3 14" screen to replace my broken G4 14" screen. tried to replace it myself which turned out to be pretty simple, but the connection piece on my G4 is about an inch larger than the connector on the G3 screen i bought. is there any way i could find an adapter to just use the G3 screen. if an adapter is an option will the G3 screen even work on my G4? i may have to try to return my screen and get the right one, but im hoping there is a way around this.

OP
I

iong516

i already posted this in the powerbook forum, but i may get more views posting here as well. im dumb, so i accidently bought a G3 14" screen to replace my broken G4 14" screen. tried to replace it myself which turned out to be pretty simple, but the connection piece on my G4 is about an inch larger than the connector on the G3 screen i bought. is there any way i could find an adapter to just use the G3 screen? if an adapter is an option will the G3 screen even work on my G4? i may have to try to return my screen and get the right one, but im hoping there is a way around this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
1) cross posting is against forum rules...
2) there is no adapter available...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
As PowerBookG4 said, there is on adapter, and I would be very surprised if somebody knows the pinouts of the G3 and G4 PowerBooks screen panel connector.
By the way, there never was a 14" G4 PowerBook, so I'm really surprised that you were able to replace it, physically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.