Financing an iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" iMac 2.5GHz Core i5
Hi, I really want an iMac and have decided I just want the basic 21.5" model.
I've been looking around, and have found that Argos sell them, which I'm particularly interested in as you can spread the cost over 6-9 months interest free. Has anyone ever bought one from Argos? (I live in the uk)

Also, does this mean that if I have any problems, I won't get any support from apple as it's not from an apple retailer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I moved you to a better forum. The buy sell trade forum is our local "Flea Market" and as such, your inquiry really doesn't belong there.

I would suggest that you wait for awhile before buying a new iMac as Apple is very close to refreshing the iMac line of machines. We may see a refresh at the end of this month or next. In the meantime, perhaps someone from the UK can offer some guidance with financing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
As far as i'm aware Argos Purchases are still valid for the new machine 12 month applecare, although to be 100% sure you would have to contact them to find out.
As for the iMac range, go with chscag's advice and wait a little while, all reports point towards a new lineup of iMacs coming very soon.

- Simon

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" iMac 2.5GHz Core i5
Well I was going to wait, but I am so desperate for one and knowing my luck the new one will go up in price. I'm only a light user, not going to be doing any hardcore video editing. I had read advise that the current basic model will suit my needs and it's likely the latest refresh will just be new processors and thunderbolt, and I've heard that tb products are going to take a few months to hit the shelves anyway. (I don't know if this is true, it's just what I've been told) so I thought, why wait? I've got a week off work, so let's make the most of it.

Also thanks for moving my thread, I didn't really know where to post it anyway! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Something to keep in mind.... When the new iMac machines are released you may well be able to buy the previous model at a reduced price. So again, waiting might be best. However, the decision is yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.