Backing up game saves/app data?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
When you remove an App from an iPhone the data gets erased, is there a way around this? Sometimes i go off games for a while and i dont want to keep it on the phone using up space, but can i temporarily remove the game and put it back a month later without having to start from scratch?

I know a full phone backup works but thats obviously inconvenient. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
When you plug the iPhone into your computer and fire up iTunes, it automatically creates a backup of the phone. Takes less than 2 or 3 minutes, depending on how much you have on your phone. That doesn't sound inconvenient to me at all.

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
When you plug the iPhone into your computer and fire up iTunes, it automatically creates a backup of the phone. Takes less than 2 or 3 minutes, depending on how much you have on your phone. That doesn't sound inconvenient to me at all.

Sorry I should elaborate.

Consider my scenario. I play a game for 2 months, get bored of it but have made good progress on it. I want to take it off my phone. What choice do I have but to:

A. Lose my game save by removing the App

or

B. I back up the whole phone, and 2 months later when I want to play the game again, I have to restore EVERYTHING on the phone to the state it was 2 months prior just because of ONE game.

Thats the inconvenience

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I see what you're saying. I guess you need an iPhone with more storage then.

If you have a lot of videos, music, or movies, maybe you could remove some of that instead of an app.

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Thats how its been so far, I have the 32GB, and i probably would go 64GB next time.

How sweet would it be if game center had cloud game save backup

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.