Spinning Ball

Reaction score
I used to be a member here - used the same username and PW for 3 years - then BINGO - I am not recognized. So new name,etc.

My Macbook pro 13” is about 3 years old - maybe a little less.

Recently, as with every other computer I have owned - all PC’s - it has begun to act strangely. No virus - I don’t even open attachments from family.

The main thing - there are some others - is that I am getting the spinning ball way too often. And I am having to force close programs that I just can’t close the regularly way.
I run OnyX about 6 times a year - the cleaner about monthly.

Suggestions? I don’t think I could bring myself to use a “cleaner or speedup” program unless Steve Jobs personally gave it to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't know what you mean by "the cleaner monthly", but unless you have multiple applications (too many resource sucking apps) open draining all your RAM and CPU, the spinning ball is usually a symptom of a near full HD or a failing HD.

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry. Means cleaning the temp files, etc on a “monthly” basis. Actually, I posted a little too soon. My Apple guru says memory. Hard drive is always a possibility no matter what - but I do know I’m shy on memory and should have thought of it. Old age

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.