Mac OS X is automatically quitting my apps

Reaction score
It's got my colleagues and i (all a bunch of geeks) stumped.

Thing is, I don't try and reboot my MacBook Pro everyday like I did when I had my Dell. Uptime's now at 110 days.

Problem is, after I'd closed the MacBook Pro for some hours(?), and I flip it back open, I'd either get a bunch of warning messages telling me that Mac OS was unable to successfully terminate certain processes or I'd be logging back into a session that does not have a single application (on the Dock) left open.

If I had VmWare running, I'd get those warning messages I mentioned earlier. Or if I were in XCode and forgot to save something, same warning messages.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks heaps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
Er, 110 days!!! how about a restart?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your machine is being memory starved. Reboot it and most of those problems should go away. Applications like Safari are known to leak memory so you can imagine keeping the machine up for 110 days is not going to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And what version of OS X? If OS X.6 an update, OS X.6.7 came out a month or two ago and should be updated which requires a start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You've missed the Safari update, possibly the 10.6.6 as well as the 10.6.7 updates, and also many others.
This would be a good idea.
Mac OS X v10.6.7 Update Combo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.