ssd sticky in notebook forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
What exactly would it address? What sort of information do you propose should be included in such a sticky?
I don't really recall seeing a great number of threads regarding SSDs.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Members experiences like install,speed differences,formatting. I just went through the first couple pages in notebooks forum and your right it's not a great number it seemed like more to me I should have went through that first. It just seemed where ssd drives are more affordable so more people are getting them maybe there would be some value there. But like I said just my opinion. thanks for your reply. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Oh, so maybe a general FAQ of sorts? I'm interested in what you're proposing because I have seen an increase in threads about SSDs. Just not a great number. But like you said, as prices come down, purchasing will increase.

Also, maybe it could address the difference between the "flash memory" drives of iOS devices vs. notebook and desktop SSDs. Just a suggestion/thought. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Write something up and give me a head's up when you've posted it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm not a fan of stickies. They really don't work well for what you think they're intended. And then too many stickies get posted and the problem becomes even worse as they lose the little impact they already have.

Instead, I'm more than open to having you write up a blog article about SSD drives that can be posted and re-used where needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Instead, I'm more than open to having you write up a blog article about SSD drives that can be posted and re-used where needed.

I agree with this.
Shweb has said many times over stickies are pointless cause the info in them just gets outdated. And people are reading outdated info.

Even my topic with all the info we know about OS X Lion was denied a sticky. I really think that'd be great if people could read that info. But I can see the reasoning. Same standards for all.

In my opinion most people are only interested in SSD vs traditional hard drive questions. And what is better for their needs. In saying that if you want to write up an article I'd really be interested to read it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
We're also in the middle of defining our content and sticky strategy so things are a little in flux right now. Ultimately when it's completed the strategy will allow us to be more consistent and provide a better end-user experience across the board.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.