Font Book problems

B

brewcityjay

I have way too many fonts loaded into FontBook and i want to get it back to its original state, but I am not sure how to do that. I know I can delete them one by one but they are still in ~/library/fonts. Basically what I am asking is...Can I delete all the fonts in ~/library/fonts without getting rid of fonts that are needed for my system? I bought Extensis so I dont need fontbook, but I dont want to leave it full of fonts-especially because I dont want the fonts that are in there any more. Please Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
good choice on the Extensis - I chugged my computer long ago with too many fonts in Fontbook. Without my mac in front of me I'd say in Fontbook it had sections/collections for OS, User, and All. I remember I deleted every font set but the one with the computer icon and then scrapped Fontbook entirely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.