• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

video transfer

Reaction score
I recorded a video on my iphone 4. I synced it to itunes on my PC. I transferred the video from my iphone 4 to my PC. I can not figure out how to transfer the video from my PC to my ipad 1st generation. I have put it in my dropbox app but it is choppy. I can not get it saved locally to the ipad. Please help! Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The fastest and easiest way is with the camera connection kit for the iPad. When you attach the iPhone, the Photos app on the iPad will launch and allow you to import your photos and videos from the camera roll of the iPhone.

Am sure there is a way to do it using iTunes, but I do not use Windows for syncing, so am not sure my advice would be accurate there.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
So I guess I will have to try and import it to the iPhone and then connect it to the iPad.

If you know how to import it via iTunes to your iPhone, it would import exactly the same way to the iPad.

Have you imported the video into iTunes?

OP
C
Reaction score
The video has been imported into itunes on my PC. I am not sure how to get it back onto my Iphone4. I just assumed that since it came from the iphone it could go back onto it.

Reaction score
Add video back to the camera roll

If you have a jailbroken iPhone you can download ifile from cydia and in ifile you can ssh you mov file to var/mobile/media/dcim/100apple and then when it's done hit the blue arrow next to that file and scroll to the bottom and hit "Add to camera roll" good luck please share with all.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have not experimented with moving video from iPhone and onto another iDevice. If I can remember, will give it a shot tonight and see what I can figure out. Process should be close enough between OS X and Windows.

You could try opening up iTunes - with your iPad connected - I think... head for the apps tab and I believe at the bottom is an option for transferring files. Or just move the video into iTunes and then sync it from the movies tab.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here it is on my Mac - should be quite similar with iTunes in Windows...
Have you ever synced any video to your phone or iPad? It syncs exactly the same as any other video.

I used Picasa to import the video from my iPhone into my Movies folder.
I then opened up iTunes, went to File - Import to iTunes - directed it at the video and iTunes imports it into it's Movies folder.

Once done, I connected the iPad and selected it in the sidebar, headed for the Movies tab, placed a check next to the video and synced - done.

It can also be done via drag and drop from the Movies folder directly to the iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.