Disable keys?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it appears that my macbook's warrenty has ran out, and the keyboard that is built in appears to be broken (shift key is stuck), I am currently using a USB keyboard as a replacement, is there a way i can disable the shift key on the internal keyboard?

Thank you!

Reece.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12GB of RAM, 27", dual core
"keyboard cleaner" disables all keys, but for just one, I am not sure of anyway to exclude one key...

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, This isnt the software i am looking for, i should have provided a more informative post in the first place, here is what is wrong.

The keyboard on my macbook (internal) is broken, the shift key is stuck so the computer registers it as being pressed down, this is an issue because when the computer is started up it boots into safe mode (when shift is held down during chime), to get out of this i have to hold down the letter C during the chime to boot normally, is there any software that will disable that key permanately or the whole of the inbuild keyboard permanately.

Thank you!

Reece.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12GB of RAM, 27", dual core
i read a few articles were some guys actually cut the ribbons on the key circuitry, therefore disabling, but i think this is only a temporary solution at best. purchasing a new keyboard is probably the best idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.