MacBook Pro wireless to Bravia TV?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering if and how I can connect my Macbook Pro (3+ yrs old) wirelessly to my new Bravia TV....

I have a Macbook Pro that I use wirelessly with my modem and Time Capsule (1st generation). My new tv is a Bravia KDL46EX720. I have installed a wireless adapter Sony UWA-BRA100 on my tv. (I also have a Blu-ray home theater Sony BDV-E580 connected to tv.)

My tv does recognize my home network. I am able to do a wired connection of my tv to my MBP using an HDMI (tv) / ??? connector (MPB) (two sets of 9 tiny pins and one other pin in large plug w/2 screws that fits into my mbp). Using this I can use tv as a monitor.

My question is -- can I WIRELESSLY use my tv as a monitor/for streaming from my mbp? If yes, can I get audio as well (either through tv or home theater speakers)? How do I do it?

I have managed to install all of this thus far myself but don't really know how to get the streaming to work wirelessly. It's not obvious to me when I run through the tv controls/instructions. Now I'm wondering if it is even possible.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Attaching an Apple TV2 will allow for wireless streaming from any Apple Device.
Apple TV2 has HDMI connection and Optical Connecetion for 5.1 Surround Sound.

I am not sure if you had considered this, and it only costs $100.

DavidH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.