White Uni-Body problem

Reaction score
Bethany Ok, about 2 blocks off Route 66 !
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Uni-body, 4 gig ram DDR3, stock HD
Okay, I have a white uni-body macbook that I LOVE ! MAC ROCKS ! Anyway, I am out of warranty now, bought the macbook in Feb 2010, and now the rubber pad on the bottom cover is pealing around the edges. I took it off to see if it was over a hot spot (battery, hard drive, ect) and it is not. I am 99.9% sure it will not be covered under warranty as the warranty has run out as stated, so I will have to buy a new bottom plate or repair mine. . . . my question is, can I peal the rubber off and re-glue it down or os it heat sealed on there?
Thanks for any help, I will wait a few days to get a few replys before I try anything.:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Even though it is out of warranty, it is not that far out of warranty.
I would make an appointment with Apple, as there is always a chance that they will inspect it, call it a manufacturing defect, and replace it free of charge.
No guarantees, but a pleasant non demanding manner and the odds are in your favour :)

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, I made a appointment and went and saw my local Mac Store Pro about this, it will NOT be covered by warranty BUT they are waving the labor cost, so replacing the lower body AND the bottom rubber pad BOTH will cost me right at $150.00, so will be doing that soon.
I am replacing the lower body because I have a crack that goes from the ESC button to the POWER PORT, nothing real major, but I also do not want it to get worse, you know?

Reaction score
Having a similar issue where the rubber bottom is peeling off on the left side of the computer, though I don't have any cracks, and I haven't taken that bottom panel off.

Seeing as how my MacBook just left the 12 month warranty and I don't have Apple Care right now, I'm a bit in a tight spot and I'll be willing to bed that replacing that bottom cover is going to cost me about $100+.

So…here goes.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the MAC STORE told me that the rubber bottom will cost like $70.00 and the new body was going to be like $85.00 for a total of $155.00 plus labor. . . . Not too bad.

Reaction score
I currently have the exact same problem with the rubber bottom :/

I have made an appointment and was hoping to get it repaired free of charge despite it being out of warranty as it is essentially a manufacturing defect.

I will keep you posted on how my problem is resolved :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Yay!

I just ordered mine. :)

Nice one.... :)
Also, keep a copy of the link should it ever happen again.
I usually copy things like this into a doc and save it for future reference should there ever be conflict with a rep you may me dealing with.

Reaction score
Nice one.... :)
Also, keep a copy of the link should it ever happen again.
I usually copy things like this into a doc and save it for future reference should there ever be conflict with a rep you may me dealing with.

I printed out the page after I searched for "MacBook Bottom Case Replacement Program"

Folks: Apple - Support - MacBook Bottom Case Replacement Program

I also printed out my confirmation page. Very wise idea indeed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.