Black screen after installing Win7 on late 2009 MacBook

Reaction score
Hi, I've been struggling with this for a long time and TM softwares work horrible in my opinion.

Here's the deal: I have a late 2009 MacBook with Snow Leopard installed and fully updated and I keep on trying to install Win7 through BootCamp but it gets to the part where I enter the basic settings (Computer name, username, time etc.) and then when I restart it I get a black screen with an underline blinking in the corner.

I've read and tried numerous things involving deleting graphic drivers through prompt but it was from a iMac tutorial so I don't know, maybe I deleted different ones than I need to on a MB?

Anyways, help would be much appreciated cause I'm at a stand still and have no idea what to do.

Reaction score
Have you searched the forum for your issue? e.g., "windows black screen blinking cursor?" several threads and suggestions pop up - I would start there and check them out first.

We will need more information about your Windows disc - what kind is it? For example, Windows will not install on BC unless it is either a full retail disc or a system builder's OEM disk. Sounds like this might be a disc you burned from some other source or is a disc that came with another system, perhaps a branded Windows disc from another computer manufacturer.

Check those other posts and then post back.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
P.S it also has to be Windows XP SP2 or above too.

- Simon

OP
M
Reaction score
Have you searched the forum for your issue? e.g., "windows black screen blinking cursor?" several threads and suggestions pop up - I would start there and check them out first.

We will need more information about your Windows disc - what kind is it? For example, Windows will not install on BC unless it is either a full retail disc or a system builder's OEM disk. Sounds like this might be a disc you burned from some other source or is a disc that came with another system, perhaps a branded Windows disc from another computer manufacturer.

Check those other posts and then post back.

Cheers

I already searched half of the internet but I finally fixed it :)

might as well merge this subject with others, maybe that'll help but my problem was that I kept on using the Windows 7 Ultimate cd (both x86 and x64) and then I tried Home Premium (32bit) and it worked just fine.

Don't know why though, my gf has a late 2010 MacBook and the Win 7 Ultimate worked fine for her but the important thing is I finally got it to work, hope this helps others.

Oh and PS. The Ultimate version was a pirate and the HP was genuine.

Reaction score
That explains it - a pirated disc will not work. Should not have worked on the other one either ... Also, this forum does not support piracy - glad you got a proper license for what you're usinng.

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.