Noisy HDD finally crashes, mbp 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15. ", 2,4 Ghz c2d, 2 Gb RAM, 256 GF GT, 200 GB HDD
Hello,

I have a mpb bought in 2008. 1 year ago the hdd started making some strange noise which finally led to becoming slow and slow. Finally it crashed and I couldnt use it any more. This was the original hdd.
Since then I had another hdd with the same problem and now this one is the second one I buy. Total 3 hdds.

This particular one has lasted more than the other 2 but a few weeks ago started making that strange noise and i am quite sure it is going to crash quite soon.

I use 9 different spaces... finder, skype, amsn, safari, firefox, itunes, jdownlader, and some office docs in average 10 hours per day. I also used not to shut it down but put it into sleep mode.

do you think this may have caused the failure ?

Also, I recently noticed that my dvd drive is not working at all. When I put a cd/dvd it start the reading procedure but in the end it spits it out.

thanks in advance..

regards,

/T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.2ghz i7 quadcore 8gbRAM 750gbHD 1.0gbVRAM Radeon 6570M iPod Touch 4G 32gb iPhone 4S
any ideas for noisy fans?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.