Put LCD screen to sleep HELP!!!

P

Potato444

I want to play video and put LCD to sleep but i can still get signal thru video adaptor to TV. I notice that if LCD is in sleep mode, there is no signal out no more. But if i am playing any video, the LCD will never sleep.

Expert!!! i need help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Potato444 said:
I want to play video and put LCD to sleep but i can still get signal thru video adaptor to TV. I notice that if LCD is in sleep mode, there is no signal out no more. But if i am playing any video, the LCD will never sleep.

Expert!!! i need help
What kind of laptop are you using? If you are using screen spanning (not mirroring) you should be able to just dim the brightness of the LCD and the external signal should not be affected.

OP
P

Potato444

I am using the new ibook 1.33Ghz OSX.
The LCD will dim and will not affect the external monitor but i want to turn off the LCD and watch only on external monitor. Can i do that ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
IF you dim the screen all the way... it will be off (0% brighness is off) and then you are only sending an external signal out.

OP
P

Potato444

0% brightness would work, actually quite good at least.
no need to use program to hack. Thanks a lot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.