sharing /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/ProgramData/ - HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (intel i7) - 2TB - 8GB Ram
I installed bootcamp and win 7, then I installed a 3D cad program (SDS2) and I am having a hard time getting to the files/folders I need for this program. after a search I found the folders I need but I see that I only have read permissions... how can i change that, it dont show up under the sharing tools.
its /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/ProgramData/SDS2_7.2 how can i get write permissions for this folder?
i just need to be able to find this folder and be able to write to it on the windows side
HELP

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That is a hidden system folder that contains user data, program settings, etc.

Not sure I understand why you would need to directly access anything in that folder. Any functionality/settings should be accessed through the application itself, not via going into that folder.

OP
NewTekBuzz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (intel i7) - 2TB - 8GB Ram
That is a hidden system folder that contains user data, program settings, etc.

Not sure I understand why you would need to directly access anything in that folder. Any functionality/settings should be accessed through the application itself, not via going into that folder.

I got it working, I found it on the windows side, I had to uncheck hide system & hidden files. the program stores the "job" folders under that folder. I wanted to copy a job folder from work and access from home but from the mac side it would not let me write to it... thats fine now that i found it on the windows side.
Thanks for the reply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.