Just got my Mac Book Pro today!

Reaction score
Well I made the plunge over to Mac. I ordered 3 MB Pro's for the family and they just arrived today. I can already see how much faster and smoother they are than PC.

I know absolutely nothing about Mac's. So any advice in any direction would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Congratulations, and welcome to Mac Forums.

I recommend reading
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/208133-sage-advice-new-mac-switcher.html

and

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...ommended-free-apps-download-your-new-mac.html

and also checking out these video tutorials.

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

You will find Under the main video window countless topics well worth going through.
They are set out really well, and have the feel of someone running through lessons with you in a user friendly pace in real time.

Please post back with any questions :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums AlanSr

I would also like to say congratulations on the purchase (and what a nice purchase ;) ), I know the switch to any new operating system can be daunting but i'm also sure you will pick it up in no time.

6string has provided some very useful links, but I would also like to suggest along with them links that the help menu on your new MBP is also very good at showing you the basics. Also System Preferences for customising how you want to use it can be very helpful. For instance System Preferences > Trackpad, can be a good in-sight into how you use your trackpad for multi-finger gestures, just hold your mouse over the gesture and a little video shows on the right, showing you how to achieve the gesture.

HTH,

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, I know.... it was so small, enlarging it just wasn't a go.
Did you remove it from my post because of that, or is this temporary while you fix it? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Touché :p

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
+1 for the David Pogue book, read through it a little while ago, very good read.

- Simon

Reaction score
6string, thank you for a great post which to date is the most helpful I've found. The switch from pc to mac has been much easier than I thought possible. Just goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks. This website has been very helpful in making the switch and answering my questions.
I'm going to add an Apple desktop when the new models come out and I am more knowledgable.
Thanks to all for the help.
Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.