upgraded to iOS 4.3.1 and UNABLE TO SEND PTEXT PICTURES! HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
My wife just upgraded her iphone 4 32gb to the newest version of iOS 4.3.1 via iTunes not a jailbreak (i think, it was like 3 days ago, i guess there could be a newer one so far will check in a bit). Anyway, she no longer has the ability to send a picture via text message.

I do not mean that it wont load, doesn't finish sending (red exclamation point), or the software/iOS is bogging down or anything.

I mean that in the standard text conversation screen, with the back and forth between who your talking to, the white window where you enter your text message, and the blue send button.. There has been a gray camera emblem ever since we have had iPhones, and it is not there anymore. That is the only way that i have ever been able to text pictures.

Some people may say enter the photo reel, and tap the picture you want to text, and then you see a menu with some options that include send SMS. THat is not an option anymore.

I have 2 PNGs loaded up here for people to see what is on the phone. I emailed them to my self.

I am under the impression that if i back up the phone to the previous state ((not ever sure if thats possible, because this iphone has only been synced to the iMac 1 time, and that was when it was updated)) that only changes the data on the phone.. songs, apps, contacts. But leaves the iOS intact, so will that help?

please help.. i've fond similar questions on-line frmo mid march/2011 on but no solutions.

thanks

photo.PNG

photo-1.PNG

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
OK, Just confirmed that 4.3.1 is the most recent, and that there are no back-ups for me to choose from because this is the only time it has been synced to this Mac.

Screen shot 2011-04-08 at 11.06.06 PM.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Can I get a moderators assistance to move this to the correct forum please. iOS for iPhone that is. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.