• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Maine school district buys iPad 2s for every kindergartner

Reaction score
Maine school district buys iPad 2s for every kindergartner

Auburn-iPads-sm.jpg
Young students in Auburn, Maine will be using cutting edge technology right from the start of their school experience: the district has bought 285 iPad 2s to use for each kindergartner and teacher in the classrooms. The program will begin as a pilot project in May with a full rollout at the beginning of the next school year in the fall....

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I hope they have a VERY tough case!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G3 pismo: OS X 10.1, 384Mb RAM, PowerPC G3, 10Gb HDD
285, that will last about a month or less untill there broken

Reaction score
School budgets are being slashed left and right across the country, and this is the best way they can think of spending money?

Kindergartners? Really?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
School budgets are being slashed left and right across the country, and this is the best way they can think of spending money?

Kindergartners? Really?!

It's a pilot program. It could replace a lot of other classroom items, and allow significantly more adjustability in the curriculum without increased cost down the road.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 3.2GHZ IntelCore i3 27", iPHONE 3GS (8g)
I think it's a great idea. My 19 month, loves (When i let him hehe), loves playing on my iphone, and the interaction of being able to move objects, and play the piano/ music apps with his fingers.

I believe that having the ipad or any sort of "touch screen" devices, draws younger kids, because it's something "cool", and "different"! Not alot of children have this kind of technology at home, and when schools have it i think they'll be more happier/motivated to go to school.

Its a new generation of technology, and i strongly believe that it will help the young ones want to learn more.

I just wish my city's school district would have something like this for our children.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Cool, I live in Maine. These were probably bought through MLTI. (Maine Learning Technology Initiative) Which is the same program that supplies our school with Macbooks. This makes me wish I was a kindergartener again.... *sigh* ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 3.2GHZ IntelCore i3 27", iPHONE 3GS (8g)
I completely agree! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.