Warranty on Ipad 2

Reaction score
I've been on a waiting list for a 32 gb wifi only ipad 2 from best buy...for almost a month now. They said there were 6 in front of me a week ago and now theyre saying I'm 8th in the list. I'm frustrated waiting and want to just go get it at an apple store, but I want a warranty. Best buy covers anything like dropping it, brekaing it, spilling on it, etc.. while apple does not. Apple Care sucks, since it just extends the 1 year warranty on manufacturer defects. Are there any kind of 3rd party warranties that are actually good and not scams or anything? How would I get one of them? Do you buy it at an apple store and then pay for the warranty on a website or soemething? Most importantly, are these sites good quality, reliable businesses?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, Apple care is a good warranty, better than most. It's the superior service that Apple provides which really stands out above others. If you think the Geek Squad warranty is better, then just wait until they get some more iPads and buy it there.

In the meantime you might look into SquareTrade.

OP
J
Reaction score
I don't doubt apple's custom service abilities. I've heard a lot of good about it. But it only covers manufacturer defects, and that comes with the device for a year anyway. I'd like to be covered for accidental damage. But yeah, I checked out square trade. But then if you want it fixed, you have to ship it to them and everything...Lol I want to buy it at apple and then take it best buy and purchase the warranty.... You probably cant do that though :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like it's the "Geek Squad" for you then. Make sure you read the fine print regarding accidental damage. Your definition and Best Buy's may be different. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.