flash video help

Reaction score
I'm a newb BTW.

Okay,.. I downloaded an app that switches youtube et al videos from flash to a Mac friendly format when streaming. It's annoying me now and I want to go back to how it was.

Thing is I can't remember what the app was called...

I presumed it was flip4mac, and uninstalled this, did a restart and no, I still can't use youtube vids in their default player.

Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what browser are you using

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you saying that the app is annoying you? If so, we'd need to know the name of the app to help you uninstall it. There are quite a few programs and extensions that will convert/download YouTube videos in a more "Mac friendly" format. Was it a browser extension or a standalone app?

OP
J
Reaction score
I don't know the name, that's my problem.

When watching youtube in safari it plays them, not in yt's default player, but via it's own. Gives a black circle with a play triangle in the mddle. As a default it plays/streams in the highest resolution available. It's like the video player has a skin.

I just wanna delete it, but can't seem to find what I installed in the first place.

I know it sounds weird....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm going to guess it was an extension. Go to Safari prefs and look under Extensions and see what you have there.

Flip4Mac is needed to play WMV files, you may want to reinstall that.

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm going to guess it was an extension. Go to Safari prefs and look under Extensions and see what you have there.

Flip4Mac is needed to play WMV files, you may want to reinstall that.

Thank you soooooooo much.

It was an HTML5 extension!!!!

Now to dl flip4mac oncemore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.