Wide Range Router advise?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
hey all. had a quick question to see if anyone else has come across this. the other day i was at the local compusa and they were advertising a wireless router that was something like 25,000 square feet broadcasting range. i wanted to buy it on the spot, as im in a military dorm, and my buddy lives in the next building over, so we figured we could share the connection. ive been wanting to look on ebay for one, but just dont remember what its called, and im curious what experiences people have had with products like these. it wasnt a cheap item (around $160) so id like to know before i blow that much cash on one. if you have a brand or model number, that would be excellent too. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I believe this is the router you were looking at. It's the Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router, model WPN824NA.

Do a Google search on "WPN824NA reviews" and you'll come up with some hits. Here is cnet's review of the router-- they liked it.

The range will vary based on your conditions. If your buddy is in the next building over, things like power lines and metal in the buildings will have an effect on reception.

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.