Mail Clients

Reaction score
Hello peeps,

In work there are 4 designers working with .mail as a client on a MS server. I am personally having huge issues with it not picking up emails, spinning wheels on outbox, inbox & drafts. It is hindering deadlines and general work as I am missing communications from extremely important suppliers etc...

In the past I have used Entourage but i believe it is being discontinued so the IT dood is looking to buy the new MS office suite with outlook. Not sure about outlook as I have only had limited exposure to it before and remember having to constantly log onto the bad boy.

Any ideas to other clients to use or if we are cool with MS outlook - some of the reviews are tending towards carrier pigeons instead of it?

TIA
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I can honestly say I have yet to use Outlook on a Mac (It is on order, due Tuesday) however, I have used Outlook since Office 97 and it is a solid client for email, contacts and calendar management. This is doubly so if you have a Microsoft Exchange server in the background as your email server. If your IT folks (I am a network engineer myself) are already getting the latest Office suite, Outlook comes with it for no charge.

I have a personal Exchange server for email I pay for, and have for over 6 years now, and I have fully sync'd email/contacts/calendar across my phone, iPad and 3 different computers (4 with the new Mac incoming). When I make changes to one, it is replicated across to all clients.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Again, I don't have my Mac yet, but I did order it with Office Business which includes Outlook. I will have it set up and can give you more info from the Mac side then.

The latest versions are a far cry from the earlier ones. And at work, we use Outlook exclusively without issue. Well, except for when the users break it, but that happens with any client.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.