Help Pls! New Mac user switched from a pc laptop to a Macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi All

Ok so I have done the switch after already having a iphone and ipod

As above I have left my compaq presario in favour of a macbook pro 13" first thing I noticed is the price tag lol its about 3 x more than the pc eqv but I can already see the benefits!

However I am stuck on a few things so experts pls advise :)

1. My iphone was used on my pc lappy and now only transfers the photos and vid I need to transfer all my internet favs, old music etc etc How do I do this?
2. I have saved pretty much all my data on a ext hardrive is there a easier way to replicate all my pc data straight onto my Mac?
3. How do I sync my iphone calendar and contacts to my mac?

I think thats it but no doubt will have more soon ;)

C

chas_m

1. My iphone was used on my pc lappy and now only transfers the photos and vid I need to transfer all my internet favs, old music etc etc How do I do this?

It would have been a good idea to move the iTunes folder on the PC to the Mac ahead of this but now I'm not too sure (I'm not sure what you mean by "internet favs" maybe bookmarks?).

I'd suggest using a program that can reverse the normal sync direction if all that info you mention is still on the iPhone. I like Pod To Mac for this ($20), since it copies playlists, ratings, music and so forth -- basically everything -- back from the iPhone to the target computer. Once that is done and you're satisfied that it's all residing on the Mac, erase the iPhone and reset it to use the Mac as home base, and restore.

2. I have saved pretty much all my data on a ext hardrive is there a easier way to replicate all my pc data straight onto my Mac?

There's no reason why your external disc shouldn't be read on the Mac, then you can just copy over what you want. Have you tried that?

3. How do I sync my iphone calendar and contacts to my mac?

See above.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks yep I mean internet bookmarks

Will that software copy phone contacts, calendar and the bookmarks?

Thanks

C

chas_m

iTunes itself will sync the contacts and calendars (it will pop up a "warning" that a large percentage of items in these categories will be moved).

Bookmarks I'm not sure -- I'm a MobileMe member so I've never had to think about this, they've just always been synced. You might sign up for the free trial, this might very well make your life easier as it has mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.