This is why I keep coming back...

Reaction score
...to Apple!

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I had just purchased a new 13" MBP and was having some trackpad issues. Well, while traveling to Cincinnati I noticed the trackpad seemed to be getting just a tad more temperamental, so I made a quick appt with Genius Bar via iPhone. Showed up at store about 50 minutes early. They worked me in about 30 minutes earlier than my original appointment.

I explained to the Genius what was going on. He played around with the MBP for just a couple of minutes and discovered something I didn't: the trackpad actually had a couple of very small dead spots causing the problem. He took the MBP to the back to reseat the trackpad. Came out and said that it's definitely a faulty pad. Gave me two options: replace trackpad (which they could do there) or since there could be other related issues, swap out with new MBP. 10 minutes later I was walking out with new MBP and a continued commitment to Apple's quality products and service.

I had already cloned my HDD, so we back to the hotel, swapped drives, swapped RAM modules, and another 10 minutes of work and I was back up and running with a perfectly functioning Mac.

20 years I've been using Macs. Don't see anything that could cause me to change at this stage.
icon_smile_thumbup.gif

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
How long did it take you to choose the new mac over replacing the trackpad? :p Congrats on your happy ending though!

OP
I
Reaction score
How long did it take you to choose the new mac over replacing the trackpad? :p Congrats on your happy ending though!

LOL.

Yeah, the decision could be described as 'lightning quick!' :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I'm only surprised they didn't offer to swap out the HD and memory for you.

Still- a great outcome.

OP
I
Reaction score
I'm only surprised they didn't offer to swap out the HD and memory for you.

Still- a great outcome.

They didn't even know about the HDD and RAM. I put the factory stock back in before I took the MBP to the Apple Store. I simply told them that I had it backed up, so swapping laptops was a piece of cake. Got back to the hotel, swapped the drive and memory and was ready to go.

I'm sure they would've done it had I asked. In most cases, I'd actually rather do the work myself anyway. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.