Hotmail help

Reaction score
Whenever I use hotmail First off it won't let me reply to any messages with my macbook... I'm using Safari and i have Mac OS X version 10.5.6 for my OS right now... Then when I try and sign out this is the message I get...

Couldn't sign you out

We couldn't sign you out because your browser is blocking cookies. To sign out, close all of your browser windows.

To keep this from happening again, change your browser's settings to allow cookies. If you don't know how to do that, see your browser's help.

Anybody now what I could do to get around this? If there is no way around it I am new to macbook and don't know where to go to change my browser settings..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Go to Safari in the menu bar, click preferences, security, and select accept cookies 'only from sites I visit'

OP
S
Reaction score
Go to Safari in the menu bar, click preferences, security, and select accept cookies 'only from sites I visit'

Is there any way I can set it to only accept cookies from hotmail and not all the sites I visit? Thanks for the reply...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Nope.
What you can do is delete all the cookies once you finish browsing if you want.
Click Safari, reset Safari, and just select remove all cookies.
End of the day though, you really don't need to be concerned about it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok... well I went to set the settings to accept cookies and it was already set to accept them... Instead of saying what your example said... On my computer it said "only from sites you navigate to" which is pretty much the same thing 6string showed in the example he sent me... I downloaded firefox on my computer and hotmail works fine with firefox... I would like to get Safari to work with hotmail because I like Safari... Any other suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.