Problem with Iweb and saving multiple sites

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Well heres my problem i cant find a solution too !
I run Iweb and have made a site and all is ok and looks good, i can do updates with no problem, however i have now made a second site and every time i try to save just the new site updates both sites update to the same folder, i just cant seem to select just the one site to save, am i doing something wrong here ! ????
All i want to be able to do is save the second site or first site without having to save the other site at the same time, is this possable ????

Thanks in advance

Tez :)

www.tez-barnes-photography.co.uk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
iWeb stores the sites you edit in a Domain file
It's here:
Your User Folder/Library/Application Support/iWeb
unless you've moved it!

If you open iWeb it will open this file. You currently have both your sites in this file.

What I'd suggest is creating two folders in the iWeb folder above. (you can create them anywhere to be honest but at least this is the logical place for them) For example:
Your User Folder/Library/Application Support/iWeb/mywebsite1
Your User Folder/Library/Application Support/iWeb/mywebsite2

1. Put a copy of the Domian file in each folder.
2. Open the mywebsite1 folder and double-click on the domain file. This will open iWeb.
3. Delete all the site 2 stuff in iWeb. Don't worry you still have the original file as a backup
4. Close iWeb
5. Go into the mywebsite2 folder and doubleclick the domain file.
6. iWeb will open.
7. Delete all the stuff for web site 1
8. close iWeb.

Now when you want to edit and upload site1 just go to the mywebsite1 folder and double click the domain file to work just on site 1 and similar for site 2.

You can also create aliases to these files for convenience. Right-click the domain file and choose create alias, then drag this to your dock. Repeat for both domain files. Then you can remove the iWeb icon from you dock (if you have one) and you'll just have a direct link to each of the sites.

I'm sure I've made this sound far more complicated than it is in reality!

I manage 4 different sites in this way.

Reaction score
multiple sites on iWeb

I originally had 2 sites on one iWeb doc. I deleted website1, made changes to website2 and Published it. new website up fine. However, I created new site in iWeb with the deleted website 1 in a different folder. When I saved and Published, it still appears on the internet as website2. Nothing from website 2 is in the website1 iWeb page and the file is named Domain in the Application Support-iWeb folder. Why can't I get website1 to appear on internet? They both have different names, the top file in iWeb.
Latest OS version
iWeb 8
HELP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.