Dock Positions

Reaction score
Hi. I run a dual monitor setup. I have one major complaint. My monitors are setup like shown here.

Whenever I put the dock on the bottom it goes to the other monitor. Is there something I can use to fix this? Like a prefpane or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Try moving the Menu Bar at the top to the bottom screen. See if that fixes your problem.

- Kyle

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi. I run a dual monitor setup. I have one major complaint. My monitors are setup like shown here.

Whenever I put the dock on the bottom it goes to the other monitor. Is there something I can use to fix this? Like a prefpane or something.

To add to what "roflitskyle" mentioned (move your menu bar to the bottom screen)...to do this:

- Apple Menu
- System Preferences
- Display Control panel
- drag the Menu Bar to the display you want the dock to appear

The dock appears (or is located) on your primary display. This is the display with the menu bar.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
To add to what "roflitskyle" mentioned (move your menu bar to the bottom screen)...to do this:

- Apple Menu
- System Preferences
- Display Control panel
- drag the Menu Bar to the display you want the dock to appear

The dock appears (or is located) on your primary display. This is the display with the menu bar.

HTH,

- Nick

Ya The top is my primary display as you can see. I dragged it down and back but it didn't do anything. Still goes to the bottom monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.