Mac Mini+Screen or iMac???

J

JMan09

I was looking at getting a new computer, my first mac. What do you think would be better for the intel switch is coming? I would like the machine to play wow(i want to start playing when i get my new compuer). I thinking of this because a mini + a decent screen like 20" dell would be cheaper or the same as an iMac. Other than WOW I would be doing photoshop and maybe some iMovie.
Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
I would go with the iMac, the mini doesn't have enough power to run WoW at the native resolution of a Dell 20in LCD. I wouldn't worry about the intel switch much.

OP
J

JMan09

Thanks, I was thinking the iMac would be better and the switch isnt a big deal.

OP
J

JMan09

I just have another question. Since I am getting this computer to last til the 2nd revision of the switch. Would it be better to have a more powerful portable or desktop? Because after the switch I would get the opposite of what I would be getting in the near future. I was thinking of getting an iBook now, then get an intel iMac later. Or should I get the iMac now and an iBook or Powerbook Later?
If I had the money now to get my computer I probably would just pick one and go, but since I don't have the money yet the decision is driving me crazy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
go with the more powerfull desktop, the intel verstions of the 'books will be more powerfull then the 'books they have now... they can't get much more powerfull then the 'books they have now do to heat concerns.

OP
B

Berman

unless you already own a nice lcd screen, buying a mini+screen is really a waste. you get a lot more for your money with the imac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.