A little bit of help! (Sleep issues)

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a iMac and when I am clicking on sleep normally it does it instantly but there is a slight delay when going to sleep. When I looking at force quit my applications aren't closing down properly. Any ideas please?:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Pretty sketchy info there. What do "not closing down normally" and "clicking on sleep" mean?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I made your title a little more descriptive. This will help in eliciting some responses.

You shouldn't have to force quit any applications - that should be a last resort. Could you clarify this and your issue with sleep? They are slightly confusing.

OP
M
Reaction score
not technical at all, sorry.

normally i would just click sleep and the screen would go off, but there is a 20 second delay before it goes off now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try downloading the free "SmartSleep" utility and see if it helps. It installs as a preference pane under other.

Make sure you read the directions and also understand the different types of sleep functions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5"; 3.06Ghz;
Hi
I had the same thing happen and it was a printer issue. Try turning on your printer and see if it spits anything out. It can even be a printing job from another account user.
HB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.