Problem with my macbook.

Reaction score
Hey, I have had issues with my macbook since yesterday afternoon. Whenever I boot it, it boots in safe mode, without any choice at all it takes me to safe boot. When I hold "C" it boots into it's normal disk.

Another problem being with the keyboard, the keyboard that is on the macbook itself will only type in capital letters, there is no stuck key and the caps lock is not on, I am currently using a usb keyboard, other problems with the built in keyboard is that keyboard commands such as cmd + Q would usually close the current application, whereas now it gives me a prompt to log out of the computer.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Reece.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hey, I have had issues with my macbook since yesterday afternoon. Whenever I boot it, it boots in safe mode, without any choice at all it takes me to safe boot. When I hold "C" it boots into it's normal disk.

Another problem being with the keyboard, the keyboard that is on the macbook itself will only type in capital letters, there is no stuck key and the caps lock is not on, I am currently using a usb keyboard, other problems with the built in keyboard is that keyboard commands such as cmd + Q would usually close the current application, whereas now it gives me a prompt to log out of the computer.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Reece.
Any chance you have had liquid spills issues with your MacBook?

FWIW, I would download Onyx if you don't have it and run the diagnostic and maintenance routines, but the keyboard sounds to me like a hardare problem.

OP
D
Reaction score
Any chance you have had liquid spills issues with your MacBook?

FWIW, I would download Onyx if you don't have it and run the diagnostic and maintenance routines, but the keyboard sounds to me like a hardare problem.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have not had any issues with liquid spills on the macbook. I will download Onyx and see if there are any hardware issues, i will post any issues i get.

Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.