Screen Scrolls by itself at random

Reaction score
Thanks to anyone who might be able to help. New iMac user 4 months ago. My problem...my screen will scroll either up or down by itself....I am not touching magic mouse or anything. Frustrating to say the least. Thanks to all.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

When you say the "screen scrolled", I'm assuming you mean vertically like you would do on the trackpad or with a mouse? If you have the wireless keyboard, make sure the batteries are not weak Same with the wireless mouse. If the problem persists and the batteries are OK, you might want to make an appointment and have Apple look at it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks....I will try that. And yes screen does scroll up and down like if I was using a wheeled mouse. I do change the mouse batteries every time I get the message that they are low. Can't remember if I have changed the batteries on the wireless keyboard or not, but will give that a shot. This is a 27" iMac and my Apple Store is 1.5 hours away.....which makes the whole "take it in" a little difficult.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12GB of RAM, 27", dual core
batteries would be my first thought too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
A similar issue continually used to happen (and still occasionally!) to me. It turned out I was leaning on my space bar, making it scroll to the bottom.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.