File Sharing - 2 XP Laptops & Pwrbook (Tiger)

P

PRacz

Help!!!

I had a Linksys wireless-G router and a wireless network connecting two XP(sp2) laptops. I could share files, printers connected to each laptop, etc... I introduced a Powerbook running Tiger to the network and had no problem access files on the XP laptops and sharing the internet connection.

Enter the Airport Extreme Base Station. I purchases this primarily because the Linksys started to drop wireless connection regularly.

I set up the base station with little trouble (set up and admin through Tiger and the Powerbook). All machines can share the internet connection and the network printer connected to the base station. However, now the two laptops cannot share files and the Powerbook does not detect the network (MSHOME). I tried creating a new network on the XP laptops and using SMB to connect the Powerbook to the laptops. Nothing has worked. I don't know if I am forgetting a setting on the base station, but it is odd that I cannot even get the laptops to work together as they did with the Linksys.

I am sure there is something simple that I am missing...Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Pete

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.