Need help with flash player on my ibook g4?

Reaction score
So, I have to use my moms old ibook g4 because my laptop crashed. It has flash player 9, but I can't watch ANY videos, apparently, I need to upgrade my flash player, but when ever I try to download the newest flash player, I get prompted that I can't install it because Flash (?) no longer supports power pc. All I want to do is be able to watch **** videos, and use the computer until I get a new one. any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem?
thanks in advance!!<3

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Unfortunately, Adobe dropped support for older Macs that use the PowerPC processor. So, as you've noted, if a site requires a newer version of Flash, you're not going to be able to use it.

Some sites (like YouTube) will offer support for HTML5, but you'll need to set the site to work that way. Otherwise, you're pretty much out of luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Youtube still fully supports flash player 9. And I believe adobe supported PowerPC until version 10.1. The only reason that I can think of as to why you can't upgrade to 10.1 is maybe you have an older operating system than OS X 10.4 installed? Check what OS you have by going to Apple Logo > About This Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.