nero soundtrax

Reaction score
hi all

just switched to mac. i've been using nero soundtrax on my pc. is there's any software that do exactly the same on mac?

thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Probably not since Nero thus far has decided not to port their software to OS X.

Besides that, you're being extremely limiting in possible responses to only those that are familiar with that particular software. It's unlikely that any long time user of a Mac is going to have any clue what that software does. Nor, are most going to be so inclined to go look it up either.

Stating what it is you want a piece of software to do would probably get a better response.

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for the advice:)

this is what i would love to have in software on my new mac:

- Create audio CDs with your own mix
- Add volume or pan curves to the audio tracks
- Cross-fade audio clips into each other using one of four different fading functions
- and finally burn project on cd

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A lot of those are way way overkill for what he wants to do though.

Surely we have someone here doing something similar that could get him on the right track.

For a complete solution similar to Nero, Roxio is the only company making a complete package for the Mac with their Toast software. Doesn't look like they have a demo version available, but you could check out their video tutorial here.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Toast is great, it comes with CD Spin Doctor, which is a capable audio editor, or you could try Audacity.

C

chas_m

iTunes can do most of what the OP actually wants to do. It can of course burn CDs, it can "autocorrect" or "normalize" the volume so that all songs are at the same level (this is called Soundcheck in iTunes; there is also an equalizer with presets and you can make your own presets); iTunes also has a cross-fade (though you don't have different types of cross-fade).

But from your specific descriptions I'd say you'd be happier with Spin Doctor, part of Roxio's Toast (and Toast is a good program to have anyway).

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks all...for what I need I guess Roxio is the way to go.
have a try today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.