how long does 2010 battery life macbook pro get

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
i just bought a 2010 mac pro 2.66 ghz gforce 320m and 4gb ram new unopened for 1100 from amazon. since it was an old model. its great so far. quiet, cool. im just wondering what the battery life is just surfing the web. i am using it with the keyboard light off and the screen 1 notch above off and its saying like 11 hours which obviously isnt accurate. when i had it at full brightness i got like 5 hours. just curious how much turning down the screen brightness helps.

Reaction score
Actually, I'd say that number probably is accurate. The number one consumer of energy is the display. If you got 5 hours at full brightness and knocked it down to one notch above off you will double your battery life everything else being equal.

OP
safarisurfer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
i was using it on battery pretty much all day. I used it on battery so long i actually lost track when i started using it. it was easily 7+ hours. im surprisingly comfortable at the lowest brightness setting. typically in the past the lowest brightness setting was to low for me but for some reason with this machine its just about perfect. if i turn up the brightness now it feels like im burning up my retinas. i dont like to singe my eyeballs so this is good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.