No drivers - missing drivers on bootcamp?

Reaction score
I installed windows Ultimate with bootcamp. I'm aware you need to use the Mac OS X installation disk after to finish patching drivers and stuff. And it didn't work because it said that the system needed to be 32bit or 68x ? But the system is 32bit...?

Anyhelp would be appreciated

Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Also, I don't have any internet connection, and there is no problem with internet in the Mac OS
It's unable to be found, which I'm guessing is due to the drivers

OP
T
Reaction score
Unable to have any drivers? Bootcamp-

Installed Windows Ultimate, with a different copy, I lost the original.

Everythings okay, however none of the drivers are installed, I'm unable to install them, and when I use Bootcamp, it says it's not supported with that version, (32bit) with the disk at 64bit.

I've downloaded other viersions of 32bit Bootcamp, and it still has no luck, any help?

Thanks,
Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads.

A copy of Windows what from where? Vista - 7?

Which OS X disc are you using?

What is the exact error?

OP
T
Reaction score
It's a copy of Windows Ultimate, a copy from a friend due to losing the original.

The OS X disk I am using is a 17-inch MacBook Pro Mac OS X Install DVD

EDIT: The disk has done part of it's job and done half of what it's meant to do, It's 'installed drivers' and whatnot, however this does not seem to be the case, when I go to Device Manager, the very same drivers and devices are not installed.
=/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
In OSX:
click the Apple symbol top left and then 'About this mac'. It'll display an OSX version number 10.something.something What number is there. That'll tell us what version of OSX you have.

In Windows:
Right click on Computer and choose Properties. Post back with the Windows details please (version etc)

Also when you go into Windows do you have the bootcamp system tray icon in the notification tray by the clock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Could it be do you think Microsoft use blockers in their software to prevent unauthorised copying of the discs to prevent piracy? Also you do need to activate Ultimate if you get it up and running and your friend's copy no doubt has already been activated?

OP
T
Reaction score
Harry - I see your point, however it's just a copy, I've paid for the original before, i've misplaced it, hence the copying.

Plow - My OSX version is 10.6.7. And yes, Bootcamp system tray icon is in the notification tray by the clock. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You may not be able to copy the disc successfully. Microsoft use blockers in other software so perhaps Windows 7?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You may not be able to copy the disc successfully. Microsoft use blockers in other software so perhaps Windows 7?

Well, technically, it won't successfully go through Product Activation unless the product key from the lost disc is used (and of course, that product ID will need to perfectly match the edition of Windows 7 - in other words, a Windows 7 Home Premium Retail Product ID won't work with Windows 7 Ultimate OEM). It will install, but it won't activate and you'll only have a usable copy for about 30 days until it deactivates and is useless.

Boot Camp has changed a little bit in recent months. It now prompts you to burn a disc during the partitioning process, but first it will need to download that package from the Internet. This disc comes with an updated suite of drivers for newer Macs. Since you mentioned that you're not in a position to download anything, I'm going to guess that you skipped that step, and instead assumed that your OS X disc would have the needed drivers.

Now I'm going to jump to another conclusion here - and that is that you're not using your original OS X disc. And if that's true, it might be another cause to your troubles.

What I would do if I were in your shoes is this....

1. If you can't find YOUR Windows 7 disc, contact Microsoft and see if you can get a replacement. Since you apparently have your registered product ID, they may be able to accommodate you.

2. Run Boot Camp Assistant again and revert to a single partition.

3. Find a Starbucks (or another place with free WiFi) and connect to the Internet. Make sure you've got a blank DVD handy.

4. Run Boot Camp Assistant while there and allow Boot Camp Assistant to download the driver package and burn your disc.

5. When prompted to reboot from your Windows disc, opt out so that you don't have to spend the next 45 minutes sitting in Starbucks (unless you've found a particularly comfortable seat).

If you can't do one or more of these things, I'd recommend holding off on a Windows install until you can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.