Is this a good time to buy a desktop?

Reaction score
We've been so happy with our MBP we've decided to replace our desktop. It will probably be 27-inch: 3.2GHz or 27-inch: 2.8GHz. Are these two models fairly new technology or will Apple be bringing out new improved models soon?

Any recommendations as far as configurations?
Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I forget which site it is (I'll find it), but it is said that new iMacs are on the horizon. (I've heard May but those are rumors ONLY) I'm certainly waiting for them, as they'll certainly bring some worthy changes in the line up. Possibly i7 processors in the 21" models, Thunderbolt ports for sure and hopefully new processor models. Aesthetically speaking, I'm not expecting changes.

Thunderbolt ports alone make the wait worthy for me. But more efficient processors (less heat) are also a plus.

Doug

Edit: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iMac

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the links, particularly "EXCLUSIVE: My Sources: New iMacs en route by ocean to U.S. available end of April or 1st week of May. No major cosmetic changes.
My sources say New iMacs will feature Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt. No other specifics.
We'll see if this pans out, but I'm highly confident in my source. If you're looking for a new iMac. WAIT FOR IT!"
I'll ask when I go to the Apple Store on Friday for a 1 to 1. I doubt they'll say much but you never know, I've gotten to know several of the trainers who have been working with me. I'll report my findings.
Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
The people whom work at any Apple store have just as much information as you do. They're not given that type of info. Reason being, it makes it just as exciting for them as it does for the general public. This also means that if a new product is rolled out, the guys at the store have to learn how they work inside and out really well, really quickly.

Trust me on this, it's true. The only people whom have such inside info, are those in far higher positions. Those who have zero contact with the public as such.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.