• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Heat, battery problems persist for iPhone 4s on iOS 4.3.1

Reaction score
Heat, battery problems persist for iPhone 4s on iOS 4.3.1

iphone4-verizon2.jpg
The iOS 4.3.1 update has done nothing to fix battery and overheating problems on the iPhone 4, and may even be triggering new ones, according to complaints on Apple's support forums. Affected phones will see unusually rapid battery drain, for instance dropping from 14 to 5 percent power in as little as 10 minutes. The issue appears to occur regardless of whether or not an app is in use....

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Weird. I haven't had either of those issues with my iPhone 4 running 4.3.1.
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Weird. I haven't had either of those issues with my iPhone 4 running 4.3.1.
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :)

Have you run your phone down below 20% yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Have you run your phone down below 20% yet?

Yeah, I run it down to 0% every other month then fully charge to 100% to "recalibrate". Had it about 6+ months now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Yeah, I run it down to 0% every other month then fully charge to 100% to "recalibrate". Had it about 6+ months now.

Cool. I wasn't doubting you or anything, just curious if you had put your phone into that situation to see what happens when it's that low (if you never run it below 50%, it's awfully hard to say that yours doesn't go from 17% to 5% really fast! LOL)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Hmmmm, never seen you here before, searching your posts I can only see 12, all of which were posted today (not 112 posts).
Also, all these green dots signifying high rep.
Meaning no offence, but what's the deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hmmmm, never seen you here before, searching your posts I can only see 12, all of which were posted today (not 112 posts).
Also, all these green dots signifying high rep.
Meaning no offence, but what's the deal?

Who says the posts were in a forum you have access to? ;)

Also, no need to be jealous, it's a bot. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Not at all jealous, but was very curious on the 112 posts being only 12, and all that rep connected, until dumb me realised "bot" ....LOL, yes, I can be a bit slow sometimes :D

Reaction score
I run my iP4 down to 0% every work day, usually before 4PM. I haven't noticed a change in this behaviour since my last software update.

Battery life is the only thing I dearly miss about my BB Bold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
My iphone4 heats up when using it to its to it's max(like recording long lecture videos, playing a game for an hour+, and etc., but I never even began to think it was abnormal. Don't all things heat up when you ask them to "go to work?"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.