File Sharing Preferences

Reaction score
Hello,

When I click the lock to prevent any file sharing preferences from being changed it remains locked during that session only. If I reboot and open preferences, it is unlocked again. Has anyone else seen this happen, and is there something I am doing incorrectly.

By the way, I am running SnowLeopard

OP
R
Reaction score
Hello,

My guess is that nobody has either run into this or noticed it.

Would someone mind testing this on their machine to see if you can replicate the same issue? I am wondering if it is an OS issue.

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are several areas of system preferences which function exactly as you have described. The lock does not stay after a re-boot. Sorry to say, it is normal.

As long as you are not allowing anyone else to use your machine while logged into your account or another admin account it is a non-issue. If you are allowing either of these, best suggestion I have is don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
As bobtomay noted, System Preferences is unlocked when an Administrator account account logs in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.