TRIM Support

Reaction score
guys,
i search all documents about TRIM Support for SSD (Solid) on Google. before i open my system preference, i know apple just open TRIM Support on Apple SSD only.
but this is not true, Apple didn't open this setting for all SSD, i guess. i guess we have already had a 3-part software in order to open this setting.
for my information, just wanna know how many person know this thing.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
TRIM support will be included with the next OS X release, Lion. You can read about that in various articles on the web.

As for right now, it's not as important as you think. According to MacWorld who performed extensive testing on SSDs stated that Mac OS X treats the drive differently than Windows (where TRIM support is included for Win 7) and even after many writes, re-writes, formats, etc. no loss of speed or efficiency of the drives were noted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.