New MacBook Pro sound cutting out when connected to speakers

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a longtime Mac user, and I just received my brand new 15" MBP the other day. Everything works great on it, with the exception of one thing.

I have the computer connected via the audio out to a 2.1 speaker system. However, when I turn up the volume on the computer much past 3/4 of the maximum, the sound to the speakers goes in a out. At less than 3/4's volume, its fine, only when I want to crank it up do i have issues. I checked the speakers and there is nothing wrong with them, and its definitely the computer. Has anyone else had this issue? Short of returning the computer, is there anything else I can do? Also, for what its worth, the computer does not do this when its using its own internal speakers. It only happens when its connected to outside speakers.

thanks,
James

OP
J
Reaction score
Looks like I was wrong. The issue was related to a faulty wire connection with my speaker. Computer is totally fine and the issue has been resolved :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.