Update to OS X 10.6.7 didn't require password

Reaction score
Hi, I just want to double check something -- My MBP advised of the update available to 10.6.7 today and so I ignored the Software Update window for 2 minutes to finish reading an email, closed everything (except software update), and opened Disk Utility to repair my permissions (went downstairs while that was was happening).

Upon waking the computer from sleep (requiring my password) I closed Disk Utility that had finished repairing permissions then clicked OK to update OS X to 10.6.7 -- I was not asked for my password I was just advised the computer needed to restart to complete update and it went through its update.

I thought I would need my password to update? Or did I not because I used it to log back onto the computer after sleep just a few seconds before I clicked OK to the update? I think this has happened a few times.

Thx!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Have never been asked for password upon updating. Only asked for it with non-Apple software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.