lost top of program menu bar - and its doing my head in grrrr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5 2005. 6.5 GB Ram, OS X 10.5.8. Macbook 2.4 GHz core 2 Duo, 2 GB, OS X 10.5.8
Am up against the clock trying to get something done for a client. i have some how managed to move the program's menu bar up slightly and now it is behind the Mac menu bar across the top of the screen.
i have tried every key, and cmd/alt.shift combo of keys
i can't grab the side of the program window as it won;'t let me. the program doen't have a menu bar of its own with any preferences i can change..
tried restarting etc but went back to last postition it was in
nothing a google search managed to answer...
running 10.5.8 if that makes much of a difference

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Increase or try various resolutions for the monitor. You may wind up with distortion but it may temporarily allow you to go above the top and get the menu back in place.

The other suggestions I've seen by Googling require the use of X-Code. You may be able to hide the Mac menu bar thereby exposing the smaller menu bar you lost behind it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5 2005. 6.5 GB Ram, OS X 10.5.8. Macbook 2.4 GHz core 2 Duo, 2 GB, OS X 10.5.8
never crossed my mind to start trying different monitor settings. simple and couldn't be more effective. what else could i ask for? genius!!
thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Another way I've used with success is to set the application to full screen if it has that option in a menu. That allows me to then make it smaller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.