• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Business Insider: iPhone Dead in the Water

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Comparing the year old iPhone to everything new is starting to become a tiring argument. I'd be interested in the market shares shifts after Apple updates iOS and the iPhone, not now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Gotta love how these reports fail to take into account that it takes dozens of Android phones put together to just barely beat the single iPhone model.

The reason the 90s are mentioned is because these authors don't know what they're talking about and are only spreading FUD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Gotta love how these reports fail to take into account that it takes dozens of Android phones put together to just barely beat the single iPhone model.

Exactly! I get that all the time with people that I work with. Android this Android that, look at the Android numbers, etc. The minute that I mention that Apple is on their heels, and producing spectacular numbers with one device and one OS the conversation takes a nasty turn and it is over.

Android has something to be proud for, but I hated that as a whole it is so fragmented. I had a Droid X and the wife had the Droid Incredible and they were very different in their functions. You pick up an Apple device and whether it is AT&T or Verizon has no bearing on what you are faced with. Sure, the carriers have a few subtle differences now between iOS 4.2.6 and 4.3.2 but not enough to matter and make it a challenge.

I too am anxious to see what future iOS and phone models will do to these numbers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
How can the phone that makes the most profits be dead in the water.
Heck it doesn't matter what % market share Android has. Unless they change things up, Apple with their small % market share will still blow them away in iphone profits made.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I just like this one line from there
And, yes, Apple fans should be scared to death about them.
Yep, that's why I'm with Apple :D

I'm getting tired of reading these 1-day ads made up just to get their recognition...whether it be stupid or not(mostly stupid)...get with the program, I have yet to hold an android phone that held as solid as the iphone4, heck, even the 3g! When something truly good comes out, then you'll have my attention.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Now stop and think.

Aren't these guys just sweating on an OS X real and genuine virus?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.