Can iPads and flash drives be friends?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Scenario: I'm in class and suddenly want to access/edit a document I have saved on my flash drive.

I've found cables such as this on Amazon and wonder if it would work.

Is the iPad even set up to read documents from a flash drive? Can I use Pages to open a document or Numbers to open a spreadsheet which are saved on my flash drive?

Semi-Related question:
Can Pages edit MSWord documents?

TIA =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
Couple of options...

1. Use dropbox app and keep everything there and you can access from any computer and iPad.

2. Jailbreak the iPad....get file from Cydia....get iPad camera connect kit....and you can navigate the thumb drive through the connect kit.

Then you can download apps like documents to go and/or good reader to edit them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Reaction score
Email them to yourself so you can open them when you need them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Dropbox gets my vote. All my uni stuff is in my Dropbox folder, meaning I can access it from any iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac anywhere anytime.

A lot of apps like Essay, Goodreader and bunch of others support Dropbox right out of the box and you can even open documents in Pages or Keynote from Dropbox (though you can't save them back to Dropbox yet unfortunately).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.