Any way to replicate the old Directory Assistance II extension features in OS X?

Reaction score
I know it's been years since this has been available. I missed it terribly when it first went, but then I learned to live without it, until this new job ...

Say I open a bunch of files in one folder, I alter them and I want to "save as" to a new folder. Each time I need to pull down from the first folder to select the second (new) folder to do the "save as". I'd like the menu to automatically go back to last folder saved to, instead of me having to re-navigate every time.

Same goes for opening files. Say I have a folder with 300 files in it, I open one/work on it/save it, then I go to open the NEXT file ... I have to navigate from the file at the top of the list down to where I was before. The old Directory Assistance II ext would bring me right back to my last file.

Does anyone know a way to achieve the same features with OS 10.6.7, or a 3rd party utility that will do the trick? Maybe you're laughing at me and my old school ways, and there's probably some obvious, easy way to do it??? Have I've been suffering for nothing?? (I've avoided using Bridge ... maybe the feature is there?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.