Mac fan runs loud

Reaction score
my macbook white runs very loud the fan just basically is so loud when i run youtube to watch something or any kind of movies online can you suggest why does it happen im kinda worried mac gets very hot
thank u

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If your Mac gets hot, that is why the fan is running. It is indicative of a problem with heat.

Give us more info on the macbook.

OP
S
Reaction score
i have 2007 macbook white it gets hot when i watch news video youtube etc i dont run various apps at once mostly its the video than the fan kicks in and makes mac really hot u think i need new fan? help please

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
YouTube videos and flash content taxes (puts a heavy load on) the CPU of the machine. The fan ramps up RPM to cool it down. If it didn't do that, the machine would shut down otherwise the CPU could be destroyed.

It's the increase in the RPM that makes the loud noise. It's normal. Just make sure your machine is on a flat surface to allow cooling under and around it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.