data from windows partition show on mac partition in all movies etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminium macbook 2.4GHz
hi im new so im guessing this is how i ask a question i recently upgraded to snowleopard and now when i go to all movies and images the movies and images from my windows partition are displayed does anyone know how to undo this so that it only shows my files from my mac partition. someone please help me!

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
Could you explain in more details. Do you mean you want the "Movies" shows you movies only from your Snow partition??

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminium macbook 2.4GHz
yes. i don't want it to show things from my windows partition i only want to see stuff from my mac partition when i click on "all images", "all movies" and "all documents" before i upgraded i could not see the documents on my windows partition only if i clicked on the actual partition in the devices menu this is how i would like it to be. could this possibly have something to do with indexing?i really dont know what exactly indexing is.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
System Preferences - Spotlight - Privacy - click the + button at the bottom and add your windows partition

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminium macbook 2.4GHz
thanks alot man! cant believe it was so simple kinda annoying how after i updated it changed my settings or something. ive even been into taht panne and never actually checked what it did.well thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.